Our teams create stylish WE collections with lots of passion, creativity and focus on our customers. Our fashion leaves our customers feeling stylish and confident and well connected with the people around them. In other words, WE design to connect!
The nice thing about WE is that all products are developed by us, from the first pencil sketch to their appearance on the rails in stores. We think it's important to offer high quality to our customers. Our quality department is an independent department that is responsible for the quality of our products when it comes to materials and fits. Important aspects in this aresize consistency, child safety and material testing. Our quality department works in close collaboration with the Design and Buying departments and our WE stores. In short, we're Better Together.
We are looking for a Junior Garment Technician to join the Womens Woven department. As a Junior Garment Technician at WE, you would be a spider in the web in the area of Fit, Material and Construction. You would monitor our quality requirements and hold a key position between our Buying and Design departments. You can also expect the following from the job position:
- you would be responsible for the technical translation of the ideas originating from our Buying and Design departments;
- you would monitor the fit consistency of our clothing items using patterns, grading and size specs;
- you would provide technical advice about the use of materials and seam processing;
- you would assess test reports of materials;
- if there is a fitting problem, you would ensure that the patterns are amended;
- you would check and assess prototypes, size sets and pre-production samples in terms of their fit and make;
- you would prepare the fitting sesssions with our showroom models and provide technical supervision, and you would write technical comments and process them in Quest, our PDM system;
- if there is a production problem, you would work together with our supplier and Buying department to ensure that the problem is solved as quickly as possible;
- you would always be up to date with the latest developments in the area of fits and constructions.
What we would expect from you
This job position requires you to have a completed a HBO (higher professional education) course in Fashion and 0-3 years' technical work experience in a Product Development or quality department, for example. You need to have a passion for the technical side of product development. You are enthusiastic, spontaneous and you have a healthy dose of character. You work conscientiously and accurately. Since we regularly work with foreign suppliers and contact persons, it is important that you have an excellent command of written and spoken English. Knowledge of patterns is also a bonus!