What does the job entail? You make sure we buy the right quantities of products and that these products are sold in the right place at the right price. You have a direct impact on the success of WE because your data analyses and recommendations ensure that we make the best commercial decisions. Obviously, this is not your responsibility alone, since you work together closely with colleagues in our Buying department.
Your responsibilities include:
- Preparing a business plan together with a Buyer. The two of you put together the right product range, review all product choices and the size of the range, determine sales prices, margins and purchasing volumes and identify and quantify opportunities and threats for your product groups. You present your business plan to the Head of Merchandising for MEN, Head of Buying for MEN and Chief Product Officer.
- Making the necessary seasonal adjustments. You analyse sales results, but also provide recommendations on how to achieve targets and what decisions this requires.
- Preparing analyses of financial trends, such as with regard to sales, reductions, profit margins, pricing and promotions.
- Together with the Junior Merchandiser, managing and proactively anticipating general stock levels. Dealing with any problems and working together closely with other departments to resolve them.
- Monitoring the budget and items in our stores. You inform management about progress, opportunities and threats within your budgets.
- Manging price determinations. You prepare identifications for reductions in order to achieve the agreed stock determinations, while also maximising overall profitability.
- Preparing an allocation plan together with a Junior Merchandiser. In doing so, you provide support and guidelines to the Junior Merchandiser in order to ensure that the allocation and addition maximises the sales potential of a particular channel, country or style.
- Finally, contributing to coaching and training the junior team members and, together with colleagues, offering suggestions for improvements to current or future systems.
What do we expect from you?
You have an affinity with numbers, are an expert in making analyses and in translating your findings into practical promotion-oriented proposals. You are an excellent team player who communicates clearly and is a good listener, but who can also change course quickly if necessary to achieve results. You also have:
- At least three years of professional work experience as a Merchandiser in a retail environment.
- It is preferable that you have a diploma from a university of applied sciences, specialising in, for example, Business Administration or Business Economics.
- You are ambitious and a hard worker, but never lose sight of the details.